User confidential pages
It is sometimes useful to have a page type that any user can create, but which, once created, becomes confidential.
For example, you might create a page type as register of Incident Reports. Any user can report an incident by creating a page of this type; but once created and approved, the page is visible only to the incident management team.
To create a user confidential page type
- Create a new page type, or select an existing page type.
- On the page type properties page:
- Set the view, edit, and approve permissions for the users who may access the page once it is created (for example, Senior Management or Incident Management Team).
- Set User confidential.
- (Optional) Create an alert to notify the approved users whan a new page of this type is created.
For a user who does not have normal view, edit, or approval permission for the page type:
- The user can create a new page of this type.
- While the page remains a never-approved draft, the user can view and edit it.
- When the page is first approved it ceases to be visible to the user.