Searching for content
For a quick search, enter your search term in the search box above the menu. You can use wildcards —
- ? to match any single character
- * to match any sequence of characters
The quick search examines approved pages, looking at —
- page title
- page body
- any custom properties with text values
- the title and description of any graphics embedded in the page
- the title and description of any attachments, and the content of the attachments if text can be extracted.
The Advanced search options are displayed with the results of a quick search, or if you select the option from the System drop-down.
Use advanced search if you want to search in draft or historic page versions, or you want to restrict the search to particular page types.